Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Disney makes good use of their monorail system for some new ads. Tron-orails!
This is some particularly clever advertising from the folks over at Disney for the upcoming reboot of Tron (coming out December 17t h). Of course the effect may be lost if the monorail happens to be traveling in the opposite direction of the ad but that's a minor detail.
Monday: July 6, 2009
- Daily Grind: Rested
Name: Vin (aka kevin)
How Vin feels today: Rested @ 9:40:00 AM
What Vin really wants today: To enjoy this nice laid-back feeling for as long as possible.
Music Stuck in Head: Nothing Too Tough / The Backyardigans
The in-car music of choice for the little ones. Multiple times. Every car ride.
Stuff to do today:
- Note that that the latest Pixar offering, UP, was quite enjoyable
- Note that the Disney 3D experience is not all that it's cracked up to be
- ...the effects were kind of neat but overall it kind of degraded the overall definition of the movie
- Stop being such a movie experience nerd
- Speaking of Disney, read up some more technical explanation regarding the monorail crash
- Wait patiently to see what LucasArts has in store today for this 'special announcement' they teased all weekend on Twitter
- My guess is still Grim Fandango
- Some more details surface about monorail crash at Walt Disney World.
The crash on the Epcot line in the Magic Kingdom section of the theme park marked the first monorail death there in its 38 years of running. According to Disney, the theme park runs 12 monorail trains, each with 6 cars traveling the 14.7 miles of elevated rail.