Monday: November 14, 2011
- A video review of the next Legend of Zelda game due out on November 20th for the Nintendo Wii.
GameTrailers sums up everything you would need to know about The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword in under ten minutes for your viewing pleasure. I've always had a real soft spot for Zelda games. This title may force me to blow the dust off of the old Nintendo Wii and hook it up via nine-hundred multi-colored component cables once again. Also, as the review demonstrates, the Wii really shows it's age with the graphics and lack of voice acting here. In the end though, it still looks like it will be an utterly fantastic Zelda game.
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Ars Technica reviews Sony's much-anticipated motion control scheme for PlayStation 3.
It's bad news when you reveal a product this large, with so much riding on it, and within an hour people are putting down the controller and walking away from the demos.
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- Sony finally pulls the curtain back on their new Wii-like motion controllers.
I like how Sony's marketing department is billing this a way to 'graduate' for respective owners of the Nintendo Wii console. Upgrading your current PS3 setup with these new motion controllers (with video camera) will set you back a hundred bucks or less.
Thursday: February 4, 2010
- There just might be a playable version of the new Zelda game at this year's E3 expo.
This news comes straight from director of said game, Eiji Aonuma. It would appear that this new installment will also make use the MotionPlus capabilities of the Wii controllers. Great, because I didn't look enough like an idiot swinging the Wiimote around in the last game.
Monday: November 9, 2009
- Want to translate your baby's cries? There's an app for that.
Within 10 seconds, the app translates the sound and identifies the emotion, and then gives parents a set of tips to calm the child. The company says its technology is 96 percent accurate and works for any child, regardless of culture or language.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Five annoying YouTube clichés that need to be banned.
My favorite bit is how the guys go extra far to sound chummy and casual. 'Hey dudes, this is just a streetwise gang of ruffians like yourselves! BUY OUR PANTS.'
Wednesday: October 14, 2009
- Microsoft recruits Family Guy for Windows 7 promotional work.
Apparently you'll be seeing Windows 7 splashed across all of the Seth MacFarlane properties. This is especially valuable since he's got like thirty shows on FOX, should be a decent chunk of advertising for Microsoft.
Saturday: August 15, 2009
- Sony files patent for laugh detection on the PS3.
Patent covers a range of emotions other than laughter. Sony want to know when video games make you cry.
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- Nintendo to convert Times Square into Wii Sports Resort next week.
Promotion set to take place next Thursday (7/23) between 9am and 3pm.
Thursday: July 9, 2009
- Best Buy and TiVo form strategic alliance to sell you set-top boxes.
..Best Buy will heavily promote TiVo products in its 1,100 stores in the United States. TiVo will develop a version of its set-top box, to be sold in Best Buy stores, that will let the retailer advertise its products and services to TiVo subscribers on their home televisions.