Wednesday: December 19, 2012
- Barack Obama is TIME's 2012 Person of the Year.
Since the moment Obama arrived on the national scene in 2004, the very idea of leadership has been under assault. Many of the old institutions that once anchored the American Dream have been bled of public confidence. Banks, Big Business, the news media and Congress all polled at or near record lows during his first term. Obama himself was the target of uncommon vitriol, but he has somehow managed to keep the public’s faith.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- State of the Union will not interrupt the premier of LOST after all.
The power of the Interwebs was enough to sway White House officials to have President Obama deliver his speech on a different night. Congratulations Interwebs, you make us all very proud.
Monday: August 24, 2009
- The White House officially has a million plus followers on Twitter.
'What would you like to see more of from this feed? Photos? Quotes? Cowbell? Tell us @whitehouse.'
Monday: July 6, 2009
- Turtle named after Obama set free on Independence Day.
Turtle Hospital administrator Ryan Butts said the turtle was set free Saturday on a Key West beach as about 100 people watched. He says it was appropriate to give the loggerhead its liberty on the Fourth of July after being rescued at a historic moment.
Monday: June 22, 2009
- John Hodgman declares Obama the nation's first 'Nerd President'.
Well done, Mr. Hodgman. Well done.