Tuesday: January 8, 2013
- Netflix testing out personalized profiles for their streaming services.
The test version showed separate viewing histories and recommendations for each profile. Users are able to fine-tune their profile by telling Netflix about their movie preferences, and profiles for kids under 12 are automatically based on the service’s Just for Kids UI. In addition, parents are able to restrict the type of content displayed on a kids profile based on movie ratings.
Tuesday: December 18, 2012
- TIME pulls the curtain back on short list for 2012 Person of the Year.
All eight candidates appeared on TIME’s online reader poll, but none took first place. TIME’s online voters have already revealed their choice for this year’s top newsmaker: Kim Jong Un. More than 5.6 million people voted for the supreme leader of North Korea, although his results and those of other high scorers got a boost from members of Internet forums like 4Chan.
Monday: July 11, 2011
- Taiwanese tea company decides to market their product by way of mock Apple keynote.
The Jobs / John Stamos hybrid dropped by to pitch a Taiwanese company's vast selection of tea, of all things, for a TV advertisement that's apparently currently airing in Taiwan. Decked out in light jeans, a black mock turtleneck and sneakers, the impersonator even matched Steve's hair color, rimless glasses, and current weight. The only thing missing was an actual Apple product -- and months of media speculation.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- World's first jetpack for consumers officially on sale over in New Zealand.
Welcome to the future, here is your jetpack. Oh, we'll need to make sure that your check in the amou nt of $86,000 clears before we can let you just fly away. Buy now and get a free a ballistic parachute with purchase.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- Palm pulls the curtain back on phones that can create personal wifi hotspots.
Palm says the application will give customers the option of creating a personal Wi-Fi cloud capable of sharing Verizon's 3G network with up to five Wi-Fi-enabled devices.
Friday: November 6, 2009
- Steve Jobs is Fortune's CEO of the decade.
Fortune has an entire section dedicated to the almighty Steve which includes quotes from other famous CEOs as well as some rarely seen photos. Congrats Steve. Now, where is my Apple tablet?
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- A collection of the world's strangest conventions for you to gawk at.
At this weeklong convention in the Netherlands, giant LEGO constructions take center stage. Watch with bated breath as teams compete in building competitions, or try to beat world-record LEGO construction times...
Tuesday: June 30, 2009
- Six new personality disorders caused by the Internet.
You or someone you know may be battling with one or more of these afflictions. Yes, it's true.
Thursday: June 18, 2009
- You might be able to travel via supersonic jet again by the year 2015.
The stunning planes with their signature droop noses now sit on display in museums, but the notion of commercial supersonic flight is far from shelved.