Wednesday: November 9, 2011
- You won't be seeing Siri on older iDevices anytime in the near future.
That's a shame but it makes sense given Apple's strategy and history of making certain features exclusive to particular iPhone models. Not clear on why devices other than iPhones have to miss out on this. The iPad 2 should have enough horsepower to run Siri without an issue (same for their notebook line as well).
Wednesday: July 6, 2011
- Nintendo states no interest in bringing games to iPhone or Android.
According to AllThingsD Nintendo's stock took a beating after this announcement. From Nintendo's point of view this an obvious move. They make the hardware, they develop games on their hardware. Would you expect to see Apple putting iOS on an Android phone in the near future? If you said yes, proceed to smack yourself in the face. Now do it again.
Monday: May 10, 2010
- Verizon customers would really like to have an iPhone to call their own.
Of those polled who are currently Verizon subscribers, 19% said they were 'very likely' to buy an iPhone if it became available to the carrier, with another 34% answering that they were 'somewhat likely' to buy. Both numbers were higher than those for either Sprint or T-Mobile subscribers.
Tuesday: March 23, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to fix a stripped wire on your beloved set of headphones.
This has happened to me more times than I can remember specifically with a certain line of Sony headphones. Next time this happens I'll be giving this tutorial a whirl before running out to the local Best Buy.
Wednesday: February 24, 2010
- What do you want written on your wireless tombstone? PLACE DEVICE HERE.
Objecs announced today that it has developed 'enhanced memorial products' that add Near Field Communications tags to cemetery markers, which allow text and photos to be 'embedded' in a headstone and retrieved whenever a cell phone is touched against its surface.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- Your cell phone may one day be powered via carbonated beverage.
The designer claims his sugar-based bio-battery lasts up to four times longer than a fully charged lithium battery and is much easier to recharge: just pour some more sweet fuel.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Computer glitch over at FAA manages to ground flights nationwide.
The FAA is investigating which center experienced the computer problem. Early reports indicate the problem may have involved phone lines that feed into the processing system.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- An informative writeup on what the world was like before Apple introduced the iPhone.
This list too could go on. But it’s sobering to remember that a single device by a company with zero experience in the industry and against all odds caused such a tidal wave of change.
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- A gallery of vintage novelty phones for your viewing pleasure.
Thank you Wired for that much-needed trip down memory lane.
Monday: August 10, 2009
- Want some cheap noise cancelling headphones? This post is for you.
Not sure of the quality here and lugging around that extra piece may be annoying. Although, the price sounds like it's worth a spin for anyone looking to try out a new set of fancy noise cancelling headphones.
Tuesday: June 23, 2009
- Adobe Flash coming to smartphones this October.
Well, mostly all smartphones. Except for you know... that one.
Monday: June 22, 2009
- FCC decides to look into the whole mobile phone / exclusive carrier business.
Paul Roth, AT&T’s president of retail sales, defended the practice to lawmakers, saying that the deals drive innovation by guaranteeing device makers that enough will be purchased to make innovation worthwhile.