Tuesday: July 12, 2011
- International teaser poster for Muppets movie reboot shows up online.
Word has it that the original title for this movie was to be called 'The Greatest Muppet Movie Ever' but the studios decided to shorten it to just 'The Muppets'. I like the previous title better. Here's to hoping this flick is more enjoyable than the Muppets Christmas Carol. Yech.
- Teaser poster for The Dark Knight Rises surfaces online.
The teaser trailer is set to appear right before the upcoming (and final) Harry Potter movie on July 15th. A website for the flick has also gone up you can view it over at www.thedarkknightrises.com. It's currently a bigger version of the teaser poster but one would expect that other content would be popping up there shortly.
Monday: May 17, 2010
- Ten ways to upgrade your morning routine according to Lifehacker.
Covers everything from contemplative morning thinking to ditching the morning java and cranking out some push-ups. Fun fact: for the past five years GLM was exclusively done as a morning blog. Don't look so shocked.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- A showcase of blogs with unique post designs for your viewing pleasure.
It seems like these days everyone is using the same old blog template or the same tired Wordpress theme (although I've seen some pretty amazing Tumblr themes). Regardless, I'm a sucker for blogs that don't actually look like your average blog and stray from the formula. The end result is what some are calling a 'blogazine'. Enjoy.
Tuesday: April 20, 2010
- Some amazing photos of that pesky volcanic ash for you to gawk at.
If you happened to be doing some overseas traveling over the past few days you might have noticed a delay or two (possibly more numerous than that). While this would've made for a really good excuse to justify the lack of recent GLM postings, sadly (or happily - depending how you look at it) it wasn't the case. More on that later.
Monday: March 15, 2010
- The age-old art of blogging may have peaked thanks to introduction of Twitter.
Blogs are meant for people for whom being a writer, being a creator, is a passion, or perhaps a requirement of life. They're meant for people for whom Facebook's 'What's on your mind?' question can't always be answered in 500 characters or less.
Monday: February 1, 2010
- De-motivational posters through the ultimately motivating eye of Photoshop.
Go ahead, hang some of these up on your walls (framing optional) and start demotivating yourself today. You'll thank yourself later when you start to feel motivated again. Just look up, problem solved.
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- Meet the brand new world chess champion, a nineteen year old from Norway.
He's already got a clever nickname, 'Mozart of Chess', and he has no interest in becoming the next Bobby Fisher (in the sense that Bobby Fisher went a little crazy and then disappeared).
Monday: December 28, 2009
- Fifteen well-designed posters that happen to be about design.
Looking for a bit of design inspiration? Have a look at this gallery of design-centric posters about design (recursive post is vaguely trying to be recursive), print some out and hang them in your office or cubicle. Voila, instant inspiration.
Tuesday: December 15, 2009
- Google phone might break the industry model. Who would've guessed?
But Google's latest plans appear to be aimed at countering that 'closed loop' business model with a product that can run any application on any network -- a tactic that reminds experts of the battles between Microsoft and Apple over computer operating systems in the 1980s.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Your favorite Star Wars movie posters re-imagined with a zombie twist.
A little bit on the creepy side but if you're a Star Wars nerd you probably won't mind all that much. Zombie Yoda says much brains you will eat ah-yes, yes.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- The ten funniest Christmas movies of all time according to The Huffington Post.
I'm looking forward to kicking back Christmas morning (post presents and post coffee) and watching TBS's annual Christmas Story marathon. What a great lamp! It's a major award!
Monday: November 30, 2009
- Twenty-nine of the best chalkboard gags ever to appear on The Simpsons.
Hard to believe that there are over four-hundred variations of the chalkboard gag from over twenty seasons of The Simpsons. Want to watch a video of said gags? There's a YouTube video for that.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Smashing Magazine would like you to know that classic blog posts are boring.
A lof of valid points in this writeup along with some great examples of web designers who are pushing the envelope in this area. I'm loving the deviation from their normal layout just to push the article's main concept.
Monday: October 26, 2009
- A gallery of ten awesome examples of unnecessary quotation marks.
Any law firm that advertises your legal rights in quotation marks should automatically get a cookie. Most of, if not all of these entries are just riotous. Thank you Huff Post for making my 'day'.