Wednesday: March 24, 2010
- Daily Grind: Picky
Name: Vin (aka mr. critical)
How Vin feels today: Picky @ 3:08:46 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue nit-picking at certain designs and also learning all about the wonders of objective-c coupled with Cocoa Touch as I attempt to publish some kind of iPhone app... hopefully this year.
Music Stuck in Head: Imogene / God Street Wine
The trend continues yet again. Also doesn't help that I'm building an archival site centered around the very same musical group at the very same time.
Stuff to do today:
- See if that Tron DVD has finally arrived from Netflix
- Proceed to introduce said Tron movie to other half who has never actually seen it
- Brace self for nerdy onslaughts
- Find more time to play Final Fantasy XIII
- My take so far? Quite boring
- ...and this review sums it up quite perfectly
- Find more time to continue plugging away at iPhone app
- Find more time to continue that other archive-based project
- Find more time in general
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Apple's tablet device might turn out quite well for the print industry.
The possible distribution model would involve a DRM’ed “one-time-use” book, which could spell out to lots of money for publishers while reducing pricing of e-books for consumers.
Friday: September 4, 2009
- Amazon not a big fan of Google's book settlement plans.
More worrisome, in Amazon's view, is that the Registry will bring disparate publishers and rightsholders together under a single umbrella, essentially forming a pricing cartel.
Thursday: July 16, 2009
- George Carlin to get some additional Last Words this November.
Free Press, an imprint of Simon & Schuster, said Tuesday that the comedian's book 'Last Words' will be published in November. Carlin died in June 2008 at age 71 and worked on the book for the last decade of his life. He collaborated on it with author and humorist Tony Hendra.