Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Daily Grind: Caffeinated
Name: Vin (aka hyper-hypo)
How Vin feels today: Caffeinated @ 12:51:25 PM
What Vin really wants today: To remind self the next time I order a medium coffee at the local coffee shop that its quite large rather than medium. Enjoy unnecessary caffeine boost, attempt to post additional links to make up for yesterday.
Music Stuck in Head: Big Bang Baby / Stone Temple Pilots
Any song that mentions Orange Crush in the lyrics is OK in my book. And by book I really mean magazine. And by magazine I really mean pamphlet. And by pamphlet I mean - whatever, the list is short.
Stuff to do today:
- Go to Apple Cube over on Fifth Ave
- Remark that overall feeling and general consensus of the iPad was... underwhelming
- ...its kinda heavy for everyday use - especially as an e-reader
- ...typing on the device is not exactly a joy either
- Interface was pretty neat but if you have an iPhone you've been there
- On the other hand, that newly updated MacBook Pro is quite awesome
- ...and freakin' fast (even the base Intel i5 model screams)
- Save money for next major purchase
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Apple would like you to know that they've hit the ten billionth download.
The downloader of said billionth song is the lucky recipient of a $10,000 iTunes gift card. Try not to spend it all one place (gift card is also good for app store purchases as well).
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- Apple's app store crashes through the three billion download mark.
What, no contest for the three billionth download in the app store? What gives? It's not like they've slated out other things to do over there in Cupertino besides contests and giveaways. Wakka wakka wakka.
Tuesday: November 3, 2009
- Microsoft testing out tiered rewards program for Xbox Live users.
In a nutshell, you'll get some additional MS points and discounts on Marketplace purchases if you continue to re-up your membership status (gold only). Oh, and you might also have to participate in a program survey once in a while.
Thursday: October 29, 2009
- Google pulls the curtain back on brand new music search.
...this tool introduces millions of music seekers in the U.S. to a new generation of licensed online music services, from MySpace and Lala to Pandora, imeem and Rhapsody.
Friday: October 16, 2009
- Apple now allowing in-app purchase for free iPhone applications.
Say goodbye to all of those cute (and free) 'lite' apps and hello to a constant bombardment of 'BUY THE FULL VERSION NOW! BUY THE FULL VERSION NOW!'. Great, just great.
Friday: September 18, 2009
- Fourteen of the best times to make fourteen major purchases.
The article gives lots of useful information as to what times of year usually hold the best deals for certain major products. As an alternative, you could also just ignore all the article all together and wait for Black Friday (although that won't help with a car or home purchase).