Monday: July 11, 2011
- A handy tutorial regarding how to make your very own mixtape flash drive.
Have a couple of old analog cassette tapes in the basement just laying around that you don't know what to do with? Why not bring them into this century's (or last depending on who you ask) technology by adding a hidden flash drive. Think of all the conversation starters this little gem will result in when you bust this out at the local coffee shop.
Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own vinyl record bookends.
Another awesome quick four-step tutorial from the fine folks over at Instructables. Simply boil up some of your old vinyl records and bend them, mold them, shape them into retro bookends. Really, when you were going to listen to those old polka albums anyway?
Friday: March 26, 2010
- Thirty free fonts for that next retro/vintage design you happen to be working on.
Every now and again it's good for a designer to breathe some new life into their beloved font collection. This site lists out thirty new typefaces that you can use to spruce up that project. Go ahead, go have some retro fun.
Thursday: March 25, 2010
- Xbox Game Room online but having issues due to unforeseen overwhelming interest.
Due to overwhelming interest from the community, we understand some people have experienced issues accessing 'Game Room' and purchasing 'Game Room' titles,' Microsoft said. 'We're actively working to resolve the issue, and appreciate your patience.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- NBA Jam hoping to make a comeback on the Nintendo Wii.
The new NBA Jam will feature gameplay 'true to the original', promising an updated classic experience that also adds new modes and a re-defined visual style with more realistic body types, physics and 'visible player emotion.'
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Yes, you can now play Dragon's Lair on your beloved iPhone.
Looking for a trip down memory lane from the glorious days of the now extinct arcade era? If so, you'll probably love playing this little gem for your iPhone. Space Ace is also available for those so inclined.
Tuesday: October 27, 2009
- Excitebike: World Rally coming to your local WiiWare on November 9th.
Relive all of the newly remade eight bit splendor that was once Excitebike for your classic Nintendo Entertainment System. There is a very enthusiastic announcement trailer over on the source site for those interested.
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- New Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii to be available on November 15th.
Fresh off the heels of the Wii price cut, Nintendo would like you to know that classic Mario side-scrolling fun can be all yours this holiday season. Trailer is on source article after the click.
Tuesday: July 14, 2009
- The top five reasons why modern games beat retro ones.
Not in full agreement with this article as both types of games have certainly have their moments at any given time. Also, isn't this a little pointless to discuss since one genre wouldn't have existed without the other?
Tuesday: July 7, 2009
- Eleven housewarming gifts for the dedicated gamer.
The Tetris-style ice cube tray is officially on my 'want' list.
Monday: June 29, 2009
- Thirteen year old swaps an iPod with original Sony Walkman for a week.
It took me three days to figure out that there was another side to the tape. That was not the only naive mistake that I made; I mistook the metal/normal switch on the Walkman for a genre-specific equaliser, but later I discovered that it was in fact used to switch between two different types of cassette.
Tuesday: June 23, 2009
- Ten of the funniest video game commercials for your viewing pleasure.
The Zelda rap has to be my favorite.