Friday: July 29, 2011
- Watch Dan Castellaneta chat about the inspiration behind some of his voices on The Simpsons.
This is an interesting / fun video for anybody who happens to be a fan of The Simpsons. Dan Castelleneta does an alarmingly high number of voices on the show (somewhere in the neighborhood of 12-15 characters). Fun fact, you'll usually see a random Simpsons quote (less random now with the new design) in the header of GLM. Guess the episode, win a cookie.
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- Fifteen things about The Simpsons you may not have previously known about.
I had no idea that every Simpsons family member's middle name started with the letter J. Also it's nice to see that 'D'oh' is officially part of our English dictionary. Have you pulled a Homer today?
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- When statues come to life via the non-stationary of Photoshop.
This particular Worth1000 contest reminds me of that Simpsons (Treehouse of Horror) episode where all of the advertising figures came to life. 'He came to life! Good for him.'
Friday: January 8, 2010
- The top ten things one can learn from the past twenty years of television.
Presented by Homer Simpson on Late Night with David Letterman. Sadly, 'Cougar Town' is not a show about people getting attacked by giant cats.
Monday: November 30, 2009
- Twenty-nine of the best chalkboard gags ever to appear on The Simpsons.
Hard to believe that there are over four-hundred variations of the chalkboard gag from over twenty seasons of The Simpsons. Want to watch a video of said gags? There's a YouTube video for that.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Eleven of the best Simpsons 'Treehouse of Horror' stories.
What is this, some kind of tube? We are merely exchanging long protein strands. Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos. I could go on all day. END COMMUNICATION.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- Daily Grind: Systematic
Name: Vin (aka worky mcworksalot)
How Vin feels today: Systematic @ 1:46:00 PM
What Vin really wants today: Continue plugging away at work-related projects and tasks then try to make time for actually working on things that are not work-related. All work and non-work play makes Vin uh... something something.
Music Stuck in Head: Another Disaster / The Samples
Mostly because of the gloomy weather. Blah.
Stuff to do today:
- Fix work issue number one
- Backup code and all iterative versions of said code
- Make some time for self to watch Treehouse of Horror on Hulu
- Watch other Halloween-related shows for good measure
- Wired has a handy list in case you need further inspiration
- Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin is still a personal fav
- Nobody cares about my personal favs
Friday: October 16, 2009
- Eleven ingenious signs that happened to appear on The Simpsons.
Because no matter how embiggened you are, if you see the dreaded pirate Hans Sprungfeld coming at you, you're going to run.
Tuesday: October 6, 2009
- Homer Simpson is the new face of healthy eating over in Britain.
The government hopes that viewers will realize they should follow that behavior, and not the beer-swilling, doughnut-guzzling diet of Homer Simpson and his family.
Wednesday: August 12, 2009
- Eleven awful shows that FOX has aired after The Simpsons.
That's quite a collection of terrible programming. Thank you FOX.
Monday: July 13, 2009
- Simpsons documentary to be directed by Morgan Spurlock.
The documentary will be titled The Simpsons 20th Anniversary Special in 3-D on Ice, and will air on Thursday, January 14th 2010 on Fox. In the tv doc, Spurlock will examine the cultural impact of the longest running comedy in television history, and how the fictional family has seen the world for two decades.
Tuesday: June 16, 2009
- Yes, you too can have Homer Simpson be your GPS co-pilot.
It'll cost you just $12.95 to get a dose of Homer on your TomTom GPS device.