Thursday: December 13, 2012
- Nirvana reunion song to be part of soundtrack to Dave Grohl's directorial debut film.
The song you heard last night at the 12/12/12 concert (if you stayed up late enough) was titled 'Cut Me Some Slack'. This song is the result of the Nirvana reunion / Paul McCartney mashup and it will serve as part of the soundtrack to Sound City. Sound City ity is a film that Dave Grohl directed. It's a documentary chronicling the history of the Sound City recording studio over in Van Nuys, California. It has a notable history with some of the most legendary artists in music history laying down tracks there.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Eleven of the most embarrassing songs of the 2000s.
...it might as well be the most successful single (it hit #1 in May '07) by the guy who made himself a multi-millionaire by taking his questionable singing voice and using auto-tune to transform himself into a pitch-perfect robot.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Five smart playlists to help you manage your iTunes library.
Some good suggestions from the folks at TUAW for making the most out of of your iTunes library utilizing smart playlists. Here's an additional one from yours truly: One Play Wonders - rating is in the range of 3 stars to 5 stars while the play count is just 1. Enjoy.
Thursday: October 22, 2009
- Eleven mediocre television shows with awesome theme songs.
Take a trip down memory lane and reminisce about the television shows you may have used to watch. The combination of DuckTales and Rescue Rangers still holds a special place in my heart (although not mentioned on said list). Hey, remember The Jets?
Wednesday: August 5, 2009
- Five ways to get the most out of your beloved music collection.
Wasn't aware of the TidySongs app, going to play around with this one today.
Thursday: July 30, 2009
- Full setlist for Guitar Hero 5 surfaces online. Meh.
For some reason I find none of these songs seem to be compelling enough to make me want to buy another Guitar Hero game. Although it is nice to see a Gov't Mule tune making the list.
Tuesday: June 30, 2009
- Some of the more famous copyright infringement stories from the music industry.
Long before sampling was a common thing.