Thursday: July 7, 2011
- Installing spy camera software on laptops at the Apple Store may not be the smartest idea.
So the story kinda goes like this, an artist wanted to capture various people as they stared blankly into computers, you know for purposes of art (better explanation via source link). The computers happened to be the public ones at a New York City Apple retail store. No big deal, right? The Secret Service apparently felt differently and issued a search warrant for computer fraud. Whoops.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Ten of the all-time greatest free downloads and services according to PC World.
I find it a little strange that Spybot: Search and Destroy isn't on this list. On almost every PC I've ever had to troubleshoot I usually start by running a scan of Spybot to get a quick glance at what's going on.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- A collection of the world's most lavish gaming gifts for you to gawk at.
Yes, there is actually company that will come build your very own miniature golf course. Doing so will set your wallet back anywhere from $60,000 to $350,000. Your choice of windmill and/or fiery volcano.
Wednesday: November 25, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to build your very own wifi robot spybot.
Always wanted to try your hand at building a robot of some kind? How about one that has built-in wifi and a camera? Good luck, 007.
Thursday: October 29, 2009
- A tutorial on how to make your very own high-tech surveillance pumpkin.
Now you can catch those would-be Halloween pranksters/vandals who attempt to toilet paper and silly string your property. Get off my lawn! You damn kids!
Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- Krispy Kreme burger now available for purposeful clogging of arteries.
The story goes that the inventor of this 1,500 calorie sandwich was trying to make a burger, ran out of buns, then proceeded used glazed doughnuts instead. The final touch? Deep frying the whole thing. Hospital please.
Friday: October 2, 2009
- The truth behind ten great video game myths.
No, you really can't revive Aeris after Sephiroth takes her out in Final Fantasy VII.
Monday: September 14, 2009
- Six video games that could have benefited from including fighting.
I want to see Hetfield kicks Lars' ass, something which I'm pretty sure has happened about one billion times. ACTIVISION: PUT IT IN THE GAME.
- FTC orders Sears and Kmart to stop unathorized spyware activities.
...Sears and its data collection partner would have access to the 'contents of shopping carts, online bank statements, drug prescription records, video rental records, library borrowing histories, and the sender, recipient, subject, and size for web-based e-mails,' said the FTC.
Friday: August 28, 2009
- A visual tour from the recent Pinball World Championship over in Pennsylvania.
For the 2,000 fans and nearly 400 competitors that will stream through the doors over these four August days, this obscure warehouse is the center of a vibrant, competitive pinball subculture that is far from dead. This is the story of just some of those people.
Wednesday: May 6, 2009
- More zombie computers are on the rise. Run for the hills!
Put your Spybots and antivirius software on separate scheduled tasks. This tech tidbit brought to your for free by your friendly GeekLikeMe.