Monday: December 10, 2012
- Upcoming Star Wars 1313 video game getting some helping hands from all facets of LucasFilms.
Now that Disney has acquired LucasArts some interesting news is starting to trickle out regarding their games division. It seems that all of the different entities under LucasFilms such as Industrial Light and Magic, Skywalker Sound, Lucas Animation, and LucasArts are all collobarating on this next generation title. Star Wars 1313 will take place in the seedy underbelly of Corsuscant which alone sounds like an interesting premise. Whatever does come out of this Disney/Lucas effort it will most likely be better than The Force Unleashed 2 by default (zing).
Friday: July 15, 2011
- Ten neat Star Wars shirts for your viewing pleasure, go forth and wear The Force proudly.
Be the envy of all of your friends as you wear your Wookie of the Year t-shirt with pride and honor knowing that you've served The Republic and rid the galaxy of evil forces who came at you with robotic droids. They may have overrun your planet and caused a Jedi Master to flee into exile but in the end you can always crash with your Ewok friends on Endor and call it a day. Too much?
Tuesday: July 12, 2011
- No day is ever complete without a Star Wars a capella light saber battle and accompanying soundtrack.
The fun begins about fifteen seconds in if you can't see the giant visual countdown over the video. In a rare instance I find myself agreeing with some of the YouTube comments. So yes, please make more of these and apply this effect to even better movies. Edit: spoke to soon, there is already a Matrix version out there.
Friday: July 8, 2011
- George Lucas pulls the plug on Star Wars movie marathon over in Brooklyn.
Organizers claim Lucasfilm's legal stormtroopers fired off a cease-and-desist order just two days before the event. Organizers of the 13-hour screening, which had been slated for the Wicked Monk in Bay Ridge on July 3, promptly called it off. The order cited copyright infringements and added that there was a moratorium on public 'Star Wars' screenings.
Monday: April 5, 2010
- Mr. Plinkett's review of Star Wars Episode 2: Attack of the Clones now online.
It's finally here! If you enjoyed the first seventy minute review of Episode 1 than you'll definetly have many a laugh with the ninety minute review of Episode 2. At least... that's what he said.
Tuesday: March 30, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to build your very own R2-D2 lamp for under ten bucks.
Yes, with a little cutting, pin-striping, and some paneling you too can have a R2-D2 lamp for your home of office. Bonus points if you can have it make his signature chirping noise when you actually turn said lamp on.
Wednesday: March 24, 2010
- Ten signs that you might just be obsessed with the Star Wars saga.
Yes folks, if have this many toys on display for public view in your home you probably have an unhealthy obsession with that galaxy far, far away. And no, this picture is not of my living room.
Wednesday: March 10, 2010
- The top ten movies that should never, ever be converted to 3D.
It wasn’t bad enough that he made Greedo shoot first; now he wants to mess around with the whole look and feel of the movies. If we haven’t made our case yet, we have but three more words for you: 3D Jar Jar.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Stride Rite offering up new line of Star Wars sneakers next month (younglings only).
Sorry to build your hopes up with that headline Star Wars fans, but these kicks are for kids only. However, if the comments on the source site are any indication - an adult line of these sneaks would probably sell too.
Friday: March 5, 2010
- Man finishes LEGO Star Wars space ship from scratch after just two years.
This model was completed using approximately 30,000 pieces of LEGO and remarkably without the direct use of a licensed LEGO instruction manual. That's right - this Droid Control Ship was assembled using only schematics from a book of Star Wars space ships. That's some impressive architectural dedication right there.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Ten creative and geeky hoodie designs for your viewing pleasure.
I added 'geeky' to the headline mostly because all of these hoodies are of the Star Wars, comic book or video game variety (not that there's anything wrong with that; I just felt it had to be clarified). Source link also contains purchase links for those who are so inclined. By the way, that R2-D2 hoodie will set you back $92 bucks.
Thursday: February 25, 2010
- Students at Mississippi University call upon Admiral Ackbar as mascot replacement.
Ackbar, a member of the Mon Calamari species who led the Rebel Alliance ships into the Battle of Endor, appears to be the early favorite. He has more than 14,000 Facebook fans. Websites like notatrap.org -- 'It's a trap!' was his famous line -- are promoting Ackbar's candidacy.
Friday: February 19, 2010
- Some highlights from the International Toy Fair held recently in New York.
No Star Wars collection is truly complete unless you have a carbonite-frozen Han Solo Lego figurine. Side note: this year celebrates the 30th anniversary of when the Empire Strikes Back was released.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Daily Grind: Attractive
Name: Vin (aka influenza attractor)
How Vin feels today: Attractive @ 2:20:57 PM
What Vin really wants today: Yes, in between the times that I'm not coughing, wheezing, sneezing, and/or blowing mucus-infested nostrils I actually feel quite charming. Roar.
Music Stuck in Head: Let's Get It On / Marvin Gaye
Aww yea. Hold these dirty tissues and let's toast some NyQuil together. Or not.
Stuff to do today:
- Cough, sniffle, cough
- Finish up watching seventy minute Star Wars video review
- What video review you ask? This one. You'll either love it instantly or instantly hate it
- Snort, wheeze, sniffle
- Also finish watching new episode of TWID
- Elephant noise, cough, higaga
- Finish up work, go home and sleep
Monday: December 21, 2009
- A seventy minute video review as to why The Phantom Menace was absolutely horrible.
For those of us who consider the the original trilogy the gospel of movies this review is a great and entertaining watch. It's also funny as hell. Now sit back, grab some blue milk, and enjoy.