Tuesday: July 26, 2011
- Some photos of an amazing three-dimensional street mural for your dizzying pleasure.
The folks over at WebUrbanist have uncovered some awesome photos of a street illusion over in Stockholm. There are some videos over on their site in which the artist gives a behind the scenes look at how the overall effect was achieved. Last interesting note: traditionally sidewalk or street art is done in chalk but this installation was pulled off using massively printed sheets (to achieve the photo-realism element of the project).
Thursday: July 7, 2011
- New York City Street View circa 1982.
This is an awesome project and it makes for a glorious way to pass the time. Case in point: I am currently taking a stroll down Lexington Avenue in the year 1982 while actually sitting in an office on Lexington Avenue in 2011. My brain may very well implode any minute. Big kudos to the creator Dan Weeks for putting this together. Wow.
Monday: May 17, 2010
- Google may have been accidentally snooping in on your wi-fi connections.
Let this be a lesson to you all to never leave a wi-fi network unsecured. The good news is that Google has agreed to stop collecting this data, at least for now.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Monday: March 8, 2010
- Daily Grind: Fantastic
Name: Vin (aka hat tipper)
How Vin feels today: Fantastic @ 2:11:12 PM
What Vin really wants today: To continue absorption of certain programming material for a certain mobile platform in a certain amount of uncertain time.
Music Stuck in Head: Electrocute / God Street Wine
Mostly in honor of the recent God Street Wine reunion announcement that was just recently posted. Must. Contain. Excitement. Link here for those interested.
Stuff to do today:
- Continue containing excitement
- Attempt to purchase tickets to said reunion shows first
- Seems like it's a good week to be a fan of jambands past and present
- And by 'present' meaning this little Phish link that popped up this week
- Attend movie in full-on Avatar costume for giggles (since it will most likely be in 3D and all)
- Ben Stiller FTW - abandon previous to-do item
- Get back to iPhone development
Tuesday: January 5, 2010
- Movie ticket sales managed to surpass DVD sales in 2009.
The last time this happened was way back in 2002. Also, it turns out that people really like renting movies these days rather than pay ridiculous prices to actually own said DVDs. Hooray for Hollywood.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- Free wifi access is coming to your local McDonald's joint.
You formerly had to pony up $2.95 to use wireless access at any of their fast food locations - but Ronald says no more! This latest move is marked effort to try and make each McDonald's location a 'destination' rather than you know, somewhere you go just for fast food.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- The three best ways in which to build an iPhone app according to The Wall Street Journal.
Here I thought WSJ was providing methods in which to actually build an iPhone apps and not advice on how to BUILD UP an iPhone app. A couple of extra words in the headline may have fixed that mixup for me, WSJ. Cough.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Your favorite Star Wars movie posters re-imagined with a zombie twist.
A little bit on the creepy side but if you're a Star Wars nerd you probably won't mind all that much. Zombie Yoda says much brains you will eat ah-yes, yes.
Thursday: November 5, 2009
- Sesame Street celebrates forty years of being on the air.
Sesame Street is still in my opinion the best children's programming you can find on television 4,186 episodes later. Looks like Google is getting in on the celebration as well.
Friday: October 16, 2009
- Google Street View: now coming to your neighborhood via tricycle.
Google is currently accepting suggestions for where their little trike cam should go next. Go ahead, suggest your favorite hiking trail - just be sure that it's not too steep.
Monday: September 14, 2009
- Google shows how Street View works in the cutest way possible.
Awww, it's so cute when they remove potential personal information from captured images!
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- 101 facts about The Muppets of Sesame Street you may not have previously known about.
A fun way to pass the time during your lunchbreak. A la peanut butter sandwiches!
Saturday: June 20, 2009
- Google tricycle camera might be coming to a college campus near you.
Now no area will be safe from Google Street View! Mwa ha ha!
Thursday: July 12, 2007
- God Street Wine and the Post of Terminal Fandom.
While aimlessly surfing the web this evening I came across this fantastic writeup about my favorite band, God Street Wine. Anyone who knows me outside of a nutshell knows that this is my favorite band. The irony, at least from what I can tell, is that its nobody else's favorite band outside of maybe one or two people (and the rest of the Winos). I was shocked tat one day I actually had to convince a fellow co-worker (and fellow jamband fan) that God Street Wine was not in fact, a Christian rock band (read that again, Inverso). That aside, I probably saw this band over fifty times throughout their career and loved each and every show. The music of the band struck a big chord with me and it still does years after the band stopped playing. So basically I'd like to share this article with all of you along with some YouTube vids that are making me even more nostalgic. Enjoy and happy GSWing.
- God Street Wine - The Best American Band of the 90's
- God Street Wine on Wikipedia - several contributions by your truly
- Archive.org Full Length Shows - listen to this show if any
God Street Wine on Conan O'Brien - tight performance of 'RU4 Real'
Live at The Wetlands - look closely I'm somewhere in that sea of people.
Borderline from 3/1/1998 - no idea where
Live at the Wetlands - The Ballroom