Thursday: July 7, 2011
- Enemies from Super Mario Brothers re-imagined with some frightening twists.
Always wondered what the enemies from Super Mario Brothers might look like in real life? Artist Mike Puncekar draws some of these awesome (though sometimes a bit creepy) illustrations for your viewing pleasure. Although the link above will point you over to Geekologie, you should have a look at his other amazing work detailed on his website.
Tuesday: April 13, 2010
- Forty awesome Batman wallpapers to adorn your currently non-batty desktop.
Are you a big fan of the Dark Knight ? Know almost every line to every Batman movie both modern and classic? Wait a minute, where are all the retro-style Batman desktops? Oh well, Google image search to the rescue.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Physicists find brand new way to achieve Superman-like X-ray vision.
In addition to allowing us to peer through paper or paint, and into cells, the technique opens up the possibility that opaque materials might be good optical elements in nano-scale devices, at levels where the construction of transparent lenses is particularly challenging.
- Your computer may one day operate at the speed of light thanks to laser technology.
An electrically powered, room-temperature, infrared laser for laptop computers is still years away, however, cautioned Michel. If and when those laptops do arrive, they will be powerful -- more powerful in fact than even today's supercomputers.
Monday: February 22, 2010
- CNN would like to know just how scientific our superheros actually are.
This article seems like one giant lead-in to get you watch this YouTube video from the University of Minnesota regarding actual science of The Watchmen (of which I am not a big fan of) so click above and save yourself some time.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- A collection of all the commercials that were aired during last night's SuperBowl.
This is quite handy since I didn't actually watch any part of the SuperBowl last night. Yet for some strange reason I really enjoy watching expensive advertisements and commercials. Hooray for the Interwebs.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- A collection of the top ten space photos of 2009 just for you.
Behold the almighty power of a Geminid meteor as it streaks across the Mojave Desert of California. These meteors are apparently quite easy to see since they move slower and are essentially just comet leftovers. The real lesson here is that leftovers can be a good thing after all.
Monday: December 28, 2009
- Super-sizing everyday objects through the ginormous eye of Photoshop.
I'm sure that Homer Simpson would be quite pleased with most of the entries in this Worth1000 contest, particularly the colossal donut entry. Mmmmmm.... colossal donut (ooh sprinkles too!).
Monday: November 16, 2009
- Ars Technica reviews the New Super Mario Brothers game for the Nintendo Wii.
Their verdict? You should buy this game if you're a fan of the original exploits of Mario and Luigi as they romp through the Mushroom Kingdom. Ars calls it a 'magical experience' and they expect this be on the sales charts for a long time.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- The seven funniest moments in the history of The People's Court.
'What is the hardest part about being you?' Plaintiff: 'The mustache.'
Thursday: September 24, 2009
- New Super Mario Brothers game for the Wii to be available on November 15th.
Fresh off the heels of the Wii price cut, Nintendo would like you to know that classic Mario side-scrolling fun can be all yours this holiday season. Trailer is on source article after the click.
Wednesday: September 9, 2009
- Five superpowers you didn't know that your body was hiding from you.
You may have heard urban legends about 'the lady who was able to lift a whole car in an emergency' but, believe it or not, it's not just a legend.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- Have a peek at the trailer for New Super Mario Brothers game coming to the Wii.
And by new, they really mean old.
Monday: July 20, 2009
- IBM Supercomputer to be a contestant on Jeopardy.
Watson considers massive volumes and varieties of natural language, then quickly analyzes and scores supporting or refuting evidence—in a matter of seconds. Jeopardy is the perfect forum in which to display Watson's advances in artificial intelligence, according to IBM.
Thursday: June 18, 2009
- You might be able to travel via supersonic jet again by the year 2015.
The stunning planes with their signature droop noses now sit on display in museums, but the notion of commercial supersonic flight is far from shelved.