Monday: July 18, 2011
- Full teaser trailer for The Dark Knight Rises surfaces online.
Put me in the 'meh' column for this trailer, it just does nothing for me. I was however suprised to see that this installment with bring about the 'epic conclusion' of a series inspired by a comic book, then made into a television show, then made into a movie, then made into a cartoon, then remade into yet another series of movies. Doesn't really feel all that conclusive.
Monday: July 11, 2011
- Taiwanese tea company decides to market their product by way of mock Apple keynote.
The Jobs / John Stamos hybrid dropped by to pitch a Taiwanese company's vast selection of tea, of all things, for a TV advertisement that's apparently currently airing in Taiwan. Decked out in light jeans, a black mock turtleneck and sneakers, the impersonator even matched Steve's hair color, rimless glasses, and current weight. The only thing missing was an actual Apple product -- and months of media speculation.
Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- Apple seems to have lost yet another iPhone prototype.
Here we go again - not sure how Apple would've been able to make the same mistake twice given the publicity of the last prototype that was lost. A teardown of the device has revealed an Apple branded microchip, just like the iPad.
Monday: March 8, 2010
- Steam distribution service for gaming officially coming to the Mac platform.
After some very well placed teasers last week, Valve has predictably pulled the curtain bac k on Steam for Mac gamers. Aside from the distribution platform, there will also be Mac-native versions of several their popular games coming in the very near future (next month) as well.
- JetBlue offering up ten dollar seats in celebration of ten years of flight service.
Have a need to travel in the immediate future or more importantly, the very immediate near future? Then this deal might have your name all over it. You can grab a ten buck seat to a choice of ten destinations but you'll have to book it for Tuesday or Wednesday (and while seats are still available). Happy jetting.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Steam gaming platform most likely coming to the Mac platform in the very near future.
There are currently over a thousand games on the Steam distribution system that Mac users may get access to sooner than later. Now you just need to find yourself a Mac with a decent enough graphics card to play some of these fine games (sadly, my wimpy MacBook Intel GMA card will most likely not cut it).
Monday: January 11, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own homemade cough drops.
If anyone figures out a recipe for making their homemade cough drops taste exactly like a Cherry Ludens please send it care of this website. Alternatively, you can also send Cherry Ludens care of this website (for those less inclined to experiment at home).
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Teaser trailer for next Harry Potter movie surfaces online.
Teaser trailer starts after the interview segment of the video, about fifty-seven seconds in. This movie (which is just part one of two) will hit theaters November of 2010.
Friday: November 13, 2009
- Brand new synthetic DVD capable of lasting roughly a thousand years.
...by which time civilization will have long forgotten about this fabled DVD technology that we speak of. BONUS: they'll still be available at most major landfills for future generations to enjoy as well!
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- What Star Wars can teach us on the subject of career management.
Your threats of turning fellow workers to the Dark Side sound hollow and that Jedi mind trick you've been working on for the past six months doesn't seem to be getting you anywhere. Your big promotion? You might as well be working in the Spice Mines of Kessel.
- Ten things that Google has taught us.
Without vision, even the most focused passion is a battery without a device. 'Don't be evil' is a vague incantation. But Page and Brin's effort to make 'all the world's information available,'and to first and foremost serve users, is a vision.
Wednesday: October 14, 2009
- World of Goo on sale for a limited time for whatever price you want it at.
2DBoy pulls a Radiohead and lets you pay whatever you want for the game. I've never actually played World of Goo but this little promotion might persuade me to give it a whirl.
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Palm decides to partner up with Amazon instead of hacking their way into iTunes.
But what Palm should really do is to make an iTunes rival, a media-playing, content-syncing, Amazon MP3-friendly application. And it should make it work not just with the Pre, but with any device you might own, including the iPhone.
Wednesday: September 23, 2009
- Woot.com is having a Woot Off today.
Some deals on an interesting array of mystery products. Get em' while you can.
Thursday: August 27, 2009
- Need a cheap 2 gigabyte SD card? This post is for you.
No, the '50x' designation doesn't mean you'll be getting fifty of them; that's just the model number.