Thursday: February 18, 2010
- Shipping your luggage via FedEx much safer and cheaper for traveling. Who knew?
They have better delivery records than the airlines, they provide tracking numbers so you can follow your shipment online and they let you insure items that the airlines don’t, he says.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- Thirty-one places to go in 2010 according to the New York Times.
Need a little inspiration for your next vacation and/or leisure trip? The New York Times would like to help you with your predicament. Enjoy and happy future traveling.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- A collection of the world's strangest movie theater snacks for you to gawk at.
Article covers a wide variety of assorted snacks that you may not have previously known about or even wanted to know about. Also, did you know that the Dutch have the highest per capita licorice consumption in the world?
Thursday: December 10, 2009
- Ten ways that space travel is nothing like how it appears in television or movies.
You might get an outburst of energy during an explosion on a spacecraft and maybe even some quick flames burning up leaking oxygen, but it wouldn’t be anything near the spectacle of, say, the Death Star exploding in Star Wars.
Tuesday: December 8, 2009
- Smuggling twenty-three geckos whilst traveling might get you detained.
According to the article the tourist was also trying to smuggle in another twenty skinks (type of lizard) on top of the twenty-three geckos. Read the source article for the location of where he tried to smuggle said skinks and geckos.
- 101 things to see and do in New York City this Winter according to Timeout New York.
Give yourself the gift of crowd avoidance: During the week, the rink is significantly less packed, so play hooky and get your glide on. If you can’t cut out of work, haul out of bed on a weekend morning and beeline to 30 Rock; the rink opens at 8am.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Virgin Galactic to pull the curtain back on long-awaited commercial spaceship.
The long-awaited glimpse of SpaceShipTwo, slated for rollout Monday in the Mojave Desert, could not come sooner for the scores of wannabe astronauts who have forked over part of their disposable income for the chance to float in zero gravity.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- Celebrity time travel through the historical eye of Photoshop.
Always wondered what some celebrities would have been like had they lived in different time periods? The folks at Worth1000 were thinking just the same thing.
Thursday: November 19, 2009
- Ten of the coolest train stations around the world for your viewing pleasure.
The recently remodeled Southern Cross Station has a distinctive wavy roof that looks like a mix between metal ant hills and rolling waves. The roof is both distinctive and oddly beautiful, and even has the practical function of dispelling fumes from the tracks bellow.
Friday: November 13, 2009
- Seven over-the-top aquariums for you to gawk at.
Night vision goggles? A bathroom scale from a soviet sub? A suede briefcase case? A fish tank phone booth? Right, now I've seen everything.
Wednesday: November 4, 2009
- Five travel destinations to rediscover the golden age of piracy.
Avast ye bilge rat! Ye be looking for some new exotic locales to plunder for your next vacation? Yar, then look no further then these fine ports of call.
Tuesday: October 27, 2009
- Turns out having ten pythons taped to your body can get you arrested.
'He told us he was crazy about reptiles,' the head of the local customs office, Helge Breilid, said. The unusual load was discovered during a body search after customs officials found a tarantula in the man's luggage.
Wednesday: October 21, 2009
- Eleven of the spookiest Halloween destinations you can find in America.
Each year the Roger Williams Park Zoo in Providence, R.I., transforms is wetlands trail into a Halloween landscape with the glow of 10,000 pumpkins. A team of 30 pumpkin carvers works to create the Jack O'Lantern Spectacular.
- Photoblog: Commuter Blur
Snapped while traveling home from work on the rarely photogenic Harlem line. I'm even more pleased with the fact that this shot came from my trusty iPhone.Location:
Fleetwood, New York
Friday: October 9, 2009
- A list of America's best hikes brought to you by MSNBC.
I often wonder what would happen if you happen to come upon a conundrum whilst hiking in Conundrum Hot Springs, Colorado. The answer? NOTHING. Thank you, I'll be here all night.