Wednesday: October 7, 2009
- A collection of the world's ugliest buildings for you to gawk at.
Call me crazy, but I think the hand basket building is actually kind of cool rather than ugly as the article suggests. They make hand baskets after all - so the architecture works on a functional level.
Monday: September 28, 2009
- A collection of the world's coolest factory tours for your viewing pleasure.
Some of these tours may induce a strong urge to watch Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.
Friday: September 25, 2009
- The top ten reasons you should visit New Zealand presented by the Prime Minister.
5. Get the whanau together, stay in a bach, crack open the chilly bin and slap on your jandals.
Wednesday: September 23, 2009
- Ten of the world's greatest train journeys for your viewing pleasure.
You'll have to travel abroad to experience any of these wonderful rail adverntures mentioned in the article. I'd like to add that traveling via Metro North late on a Friday nights also qualifies as an adventure.
Thursday: September 17, 2009
- Five tips on how to avoid catching germs whilst traveling on a plane.
Try not to breathe as much as you normally do for the entire length of the flight. Oh, and wash your hands repeatedly.
Friday: September 11, 2009
- Want to know how some travelers are making use of JetBlue's all-you-can-fly pass?
Dever and Dinardo, friends since their freshman year of college at SUNY Buffalo, will be crisscrossing the country, spending only 12 hours in each city before heading back to the airport and jetting to their next destination.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Seven amazing and luxurious South Africa Safari Lodges for you to gawk at.
A fun read for those daydreaming of exotic travel at work. Plus, the article has some amazing photography from said luxurious places. Rooms with an elephant view may cost extra.
- Travel blogs replacing travel agents according to new survey. Who knew?
According to the study, 34% of respondents prefer travel blogs for choosing their travel options, 24% use family and friends, and 13% go to travel agents.
Friday: September 4, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to get a free room upgrade whilst staying in Vegas.
I'll spoil it for you: be polite, gamble big, and join the player's club.
Tuesday: September 1, 2009
- A collection of the world's strangest conventions for you to gawk at.
At this weeklong convention in the Netherlands, giant LEGO constructions take center stage. Watch with bated breath as teams compete in building competitions, or try to beat world-record LEGO construction times...
Monday: August 31, 2009
- The top ten tactics for productive travel.
Covers everything that the geek variety of traveler would need from phone tethering to carrying an Altoids-tin survival kit.
Thursday: August 27, 2009
- The top five bargain destinations for Fall 2009.
Here, I'll spoil it for you: Jamaica, Yosemite and the Eastern Sierras, Ft. Lauderdale, Hawaii, and Prague.
Monday: August 24, 2009
- Seven neat things to do while traveling through Iceland.
Some nifty information for anyone who happens to be visiting Iceland in the near future. Also good for anyone who has ever daydreamed about visiting Iceland in the near or distant future.
Friday: August 21, 2009
- Six neat things to do while traveling through Tokyo.
Some nifty information for anyone who happens to be visiting Tokyo in the near future. Also good for anyone who happens to be daydreaming about visiting Tokyo in the near future.
Thursday: August 20, 2009
- JetBlue officially sold out of the 'all-you-can-fly' passes.
Maybe this little promotion turned out to be a lot more popular than they originally anticipated.