Wednesday: August 19, 2009
- Forty-five colorful uninhabited places to see before you die.
Quite colorful, indeed. Some of the descriptions sounds like they belong in a Dr. Suess book.
Monday: August 17, 2009
- Five groups that could benefit from the JetBlue all-you-can-fly pass.
It makes a lot of sense when you think about it.
- Apparently cargo ship cruise vacations are all the rage these days.
And often with less than 10 passengers, you'll likely get very personal attention including sharing meals with the ship's crew and personal tours of the 'guts' of a working freighter.
Thursday: August 13, 2009
- Buffet-style flying now available from the fine folks over at JetBlue.
Ponying up $599 gives you unlimited flights to any of their 56 destinations for the period of one month.
Wednesday: August 12, 2009
- Seven ridiculously cheap travel deals just for you.
Link references that amenity-free hotel from yesterday's batch of links.
- Thirteen mainstream products originally invented for space travel.
Software that was created to handle multiple onboard systems -- that is, being able to recognize data coming from different sources and identifying those sources -- is the basis for the strip technology that can be found on most credit and debit cards.
Tuesday: August 11, 2009
- A list of America's most kid-friendly cities just for you.
One word: Orlando.
- Twelve ways to travel the world for free.
Some of the methods listed are obviously a little bit more adventurous than others.
Tuesday: July 28, 2009
- Genius tourists mistype GPS destination, end up 400 miles off desired course.
'It's hard to understand how they managed it. I mean, Capri is an island,' said Giovanni Medici, a spokesman for Carpi regional government, told Reuters Tuesday. 'It's the first time something like this has happened.'
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- One hundred geeky places to take your kids this summer.
Yes folks, there is still some time left this summer to enjoy these fine geeky attractions.
Wednesday: July 8, 2009
- Some important travel tips for those who may be venturing out to Dubai or Beijing.
DO NOT: Show your love in public. Public displays of affection - even a kiss on the cheek to your spouse - can get you as much as a year in jail. It's a rule that's not always enforced, but you're way better safe than sorry.
Monday: July 6, 2009
- Go on a digital treasure hunt through a newly wired-up city of Venice.
Interesting way to celebrate Venice getting wired up for this century. So long unsightly antennas!
Thursday: July 2, 2009
- Ten of the most spectacular drives in the world for your viewing pleasure.
I am quite overdue for a vaction.
Wednesday: July 1, 2009
- Eleven summer vacation ideas for geeks.
E3 and/or Penny Arcade Expo suspiciously not on this list