Wednesday: December 12, 2012
- Want to know what the world searched for in 2012? There's a Google Zeitgeist for that.
They even prepared a little video with inspirational music to go along with it. How very Google of them.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- IBM pulls the curtain back on brand new social media analytics tool.
This new software will allow companies, marketing groups, and advertisers to track 'consumer sentiment' on various social networks. Just one more thing to be be aware of as you romp through daily social networking sites. It can even analyze product names, industry jargon, slang, even emoticons. :-/
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Sony looking to give Apple some viable competition in the portable arena.
Sony engineers are toiling away on “a portable device that blurs distinctions among a netbook, an e-reader and a PlayStation Portable.” It will also knit in tightly with Sony’s iTunes-like media store, a marketplace for music, video and games set to debut later this month.
Monday: January 11, 2010
- New York Times takes a peek at Netflix queues around the country.
A great visualization with some interesting data as to the kind of Netflix patterns from different metropolitan areas. Everyone seems to love The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Cadillac Records - not so much.
Wednesday: December 23, 2009
- The top ten tech trends of 2009 according to CNN.
app-laden phones helped us manage our on-the-go lifestyles; books fell off the shelves and into e-readers; televisions and video games unchained themselves from home entertainment centers; mobile updates helped organize protests and even threaten governments.
Friday: October 9, 2009
- A collection of iPhone design trends for your viewing pleasure.
Smashing Magazine takes an in-depth look at successful (and perhaps the not so successful) design trends and patterns of the mobile sensation that is iPhone. Big pretty buttons, don't fail me now.
Tuesday: September 15, 2009
- The top five web trends of 2009 according to ReadWriteWeb.
It's been a fun year so far hasn't it? Now please go back to enjoying your personalized linked data that may or may not be portable on your mobile web which may or may not be capable of augmenting your reality.
Thursday: August 27, 2009
- Hand drawn portraits are the latest craze in social networking.
Some avid social-network users are commissioning artists to create small digital images to represent themselves in the online world. Other Internet-savvy people use automated computer programs and Web sites to generate posterized likenesses of themselves.
Thursday: August 6, 2009
- CNET would like you to know why consumers won't be buying tablet computers.
While a tablet may be great for browsing the Web and viewing media, it's too big to replace a phone and too limited to carry around as a work computer. People will need their keyboarded Netbooks and notebooks for real work.