Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- Rogue star mystery finally deciphered thanks to Hubble Space Telescope.
The massive, hot star seemed out of place when astronomers first spotted it in 2006, and now thanks to Hubble, we know why. The misfit, 30 Dor #016, appears to have been ejected from a cluster of even heftier stars, pinging off of them and off into space at tremendous speed.
Monday: May 10, 2010
- A new crop of images have surfaced online for the upcoming Tron sequel.
I'm loving the upgrades to some of the items from the original Tron and seeing how they've been reimagined for this generation. C'mon, you know you'd want to take a ride on a light cycle. And remember kids, Tron Legacy is due in theaters this December. END OF LINE.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Teaser trailer for Space Paranoids Online surfaces on the Interwebs.
I'm not sure if this is an actual upcoming game or if this is just a viral marketing advert for Tron Legacy. Either way, the concept is pretty cool and I'd most likely end up giving it a whirl should it see the light of day.
Wednesday: March 17, 2010
- Disney makes good use of their monorail system for some new ads. Tron-orails!
This is some particularly clever advertising from the folks over at Disney for the upcoming reboot of Tron (coming out December 17t h). Of course the effect may be lost if the monorail happens to be traveling in the opposite direction of the ad but that's a minor detail.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Brand new trailer for Tron Legacy finally surfaces on the Interwebs.
Apparently this took a great deal of sifting through viral sites for the trailer to be unearthed. Thankfully though when the Internet wants something they don't stop until they get it and the result is said brand new Tron Legacy trailer in glorious high definition.
Thursday: March 4, 2010
- Disney lets loose that a Tron animated series is currently in the works.
Disney has announced that a Tron animated series is currently in development and will probably air soon after the release of the Tron: Legacy sequel. Also of note is that the series will be of the micro variety which means you'll be getting five minute episodes at first to see if you really care enough to watch thirty minute episodes.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- Want some insight as to what the TRON sequel will actually be about?
This review lets loose a ton of details about the overall plot of the movie from an early draft script (may not be final version) so those who don't want the movie spoiled for them best move their light cycle right along. The film is scheduled to hit theaters sometime in December.
- Always wondered what it would be like to make sushi in space?
There is a pretty funny video/interview embedded over on the opposite side of the click. The sushi prep actually starts at about one minute in. Mark this as one small step for man and one giant leap for sushi-kind. Bon appétit.
- Daily Grind: Motivated
Name: Vin (aka springy)
How Vin feels today: Motivated @ 8:55:44 AM
What Vin really wants today: To welcome everyone back into the world of daily grind posting after taking an entire month and a half off. What can I say, it's been a crazy past 45-50 days or so.
Music Stuck in Head: New York City Traffic
Recently I've taken a break from listening to music on my morning commute into the city. These days I'm all about playing Scramble (free app) on the good old iPhone. Passes the time quite nicely.
Stuff to do today:
- Attempt to post new photo to photoblog at some point today
- Continue achievement hunting through Ghostbusters: The Video Game for Xbox 360
- Some of these achievements are just ridiculous
- Mini review of game: mildly enjoyable, lots of wasted potential, flat voice acting (looking at you Bill Murray)
- Find time to watch Termination: Salvation
- Mini review of movie: wasn't all that bad, quite predictable but not overly terrible
Monday: February 22, 2010
- Space shuttle Endeavour lands safely at Kennedy Space Center.
Astronauts Bob Behnken and British-born Nicholas Patrick conducted three spacewalks during the mission, racking up a total of 18 hours, 14 minutes outside the orbiting outpost.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- Telltale might be porting all of their games over to the Mac in the near future.
This is great news for Mac users if this turns out to be true. It's a little annoying to switch over to my Windows partition just to enjoy these games. There are also rumors that we may see Telltale on the iPad as well.
- PETA calls for replacement of Punxsutawney Phil in favor of animatronic version.
According to legend, if Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow, six more weeks of winter weather will follow. If he doesn't, expect an early spring. But PETA has had enough of the tradition that dates back to 1886, and believes robotic technology could be the solution.
Monday: January 25, 2010
- Internet access finally comes to astronauts aboard the International Space Station.
And what did the astronauts do first with said brand new Internet access capabilities? Why they sent the first tweet from space of course. NASA expects this newly announced capability to 'enhance morale and productivity.'
Friday: December 11, 2009
- A list of Lifehacker's most popular tutorials of 2009.
An extensive list of tutorials that covers step-by-step guides on everything from installed homebrew on the Wii (without the need of Twilight Princess) all the way over to building your very own computer from scratch. Good luck.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Mysterious light over Norway manages to completely baffle astronomers.
A blue light first appeared from behind a mountain, and created a giant spiral in the sky within seconds. Perhaps even more baffling, a green-blue beam of light appeared to shoot from the center.