Wednesday: May 12, 2010
- Apple seems to have lost yet another iPhone prototype.
Here we go again - not sure how Apple would've been able to make the same mistake twice given the publicity of the last prototype that was lost. A teardown of the device has revealed an Apple branded microchip, just like the iPad.
Tuesday: April 20, 2010
- Apple would like their device back from Gizmodo, sends official letter.
Well, this whole story just keeps getting more interesting every minute. Apple has acknowledged the existence of said missing device and sent notice asking for return. Gizmodo has decided to post the letter along with a casual smart-alecky response as well. Not a good way to win brownie points or future media event invitations.
- Everything you need to know about that recently leaked iPhone and the story thus far.
If you haven't heard by now (which you probably have but we'll continue anyway) Gizmodo mysteriously got their hands on a prototype of the next generation iPhone which was supposedly left in a bar by an Apple employee. This breach of Apple security and the entire story itself is raising all kinds of questions about media ethics.
Monday: April 5, 2010
- Eight rules for creating effective typography that you should probably know about.
This is a great read for any designer (be it web or print) who might be looking to beef up their current typography skills a little bit. Some items you'll learn about include kerning, font communication and what they mean in regards to effective use of typography.
Wednesday: December 30, 2009
- Fifty useful design tools for beautiful web typography.
Another quality post from Smashing Magazine covering everything you could possibly need to know about how to make decent looking web typography. Post features a number of great online utilities you can use as well as some handy techniques. Happy fonting.
Monday: October 26, 2009
- Some early prototypes of famous products through the eye of Photoshop.
I'm sure the Wright Brothers would have been pleased to know their hard work in the aerodynamics field was solved via giant balloons.
Wednesday: July 15, 2009
- Some units of NYPD still using typewriters.
And it turns out that vintage typewriters are quite expensive to maintain. Who knew?
Friday: July 10, 2009
- The seven types of employees you'll probably meet at Best Buy.
Pretty funny writeup by the folks over at Giz but what manages to be funnier is Best Buy's quick response to it, which you can read right here. Not too shabby, Best Buy. Not too shabby at all.
- Find out how well you know your file extensions with this handy online quiz.
Good luck. Damn you, Vizio!