Tuesday: July 26, 2011
- Some photos of an amazing three-dimensional street mural for your dizzying pleasure.
The folks over at WebUrbanist have uncovered some awesome photos of a street illusion over in Stockholm. There are some videos over on their site in which the artist gives a behind the scenes look at how the overall effect was achieved. Last interesting note: traditionally sidewalk or street art is done in chalk but this installation was pulled off using massively printed sheets (to achieve the photo-realism element of the project).
Friday: July 15, 2011
- Fourteen amazing and unexpected urban art installations for you to gawk at.
It's not every day that you get to see a phone booth murdered in the name of art. This and other interesting bits of eye candy can be viewed over on the source article by way of the folks over at WebUrbanist. The melted ice cream truck half-way down the page get's the runner up award in my book. My favorite is the 900-pound box man, it reminds of the near-impossible yellow boss you had to beat before Dr. Wiley in Mega Man.
Thursday: April 15, 2010
- Fifty incredible works of coffee and latte art for your viewing pleasure.
My cup of coffee is looking downright boring after seeing some of the offerings in this collection but caffeine is caffeine and it certainly gets the job done regardless of artistic merit. For those interested in making their very own coffee art a tutorial is just waiting for you around the corner.
Friday: April 9, 2010
- Behold the wondrous evolution that eight of your favorite video games have gone through.
While Mario is a good example of how just far some of these games have come the other examples in this post are equally as interesting. Except for Street Fighter - has that game changed at all since it first came out?
Wednesday: February 17, 2010
- Ten of the world's most amazing natural arches for your viewing pleasure.
The Sahara Desert abounds with natural arches and stone bridges. Aloba Arch may be one of the best known but the above bipod arch in Algeria is worth special mention due to its unusual beauty and exquisite fragility.
Friday: January 29, 2010
- A collection of radical subversive urban rooftop dwellings for your viewing pleasure.
LoftCube: an all-in-one dwelling designed to be easily dropped into place on a rooftop via a crane. This modern design lets in plenty of natural light and would look perfect atop a tall building.
Monday: January 4, 2010
- A collection of some trippy time capsules for your viewing pleasure.
Where would one go to find the official, GWBR-certified “World’s Largest Time Capsule”? Not in the center of a major metropolis or at a global exhibition attended by millions, but instead at 318 Hillcrest Dr., Seward, Nebraska.
Friday: December 11, 2009
- Twelve awe-inspiring snow sculptures for your viewing pleasure.
I guess this is what it would like if snowmen every organized a rally or decided that it was time to rebel against their makers. Bring on the heat lamps.
Tuesday: October 13, 2009
- Thirteen of the world's most uncomfortable chairs for you to gawk at.
The Radiator Chair comes with an optional companion piece: a $1,200 end table that sports a red valve handle on one front leg. Don’t turn it, whatever you do!