Monday: May 10, 2010
- Google just might be your new online travel agent thanks to potential new acquisitions.
Google also is reportedly in talks to pay $1 billion to acquire ITA Software, which develops fare-shopping software for online travel agencies, airlines and fare-search-only sites, such as Bing Travel and Kayak.
Thursday: April 8, 2010
- Hubble discovers mysertious giant planet orbiting a tiny nearby star.
The team reports the '2M044144' brown dwarf possesses a companion about 5-10 times heavier than Jupiter. The companion orbits some 2.25 billion miles from the small star, and must be less than 1 million years old, roughly the age of the brown dwarf.
Friday: March 26, 2010
- Some answers to some very common 3D television questions.
Can I use my current TV? Um, no. You'll have to buy a new 3-D television. In fact, if you bought a 3-D-ready TV in recent years, you're not ready. You'll still need a Mitsubishi 3-DC-1000 converter box. The technology has evolved. The converter boxes run about $100.
Monday: February 22, 2010
- Forty-nine states were all recipients of some form of snow this year.
...and can you guess of all fifty states which state was the one that managed to not get any snow? I'll give you a hint: their state fish is called 'humuhumunukunukuapua'a'.
Friday: February 12, 2010
- Hubble manages to capture an overly blue view of Saturn.
Aurorae result from charged solar wind particles trapped in a planet's magnetic field striking atoms in the upper atmosphere. Just like Northern Lights on Earth, Saturn sees similar polar light shows as a result.
Wednesday: December 16, 2009
- Survey finds that television still more popular than the Interwebs for entertainment.
Yes, we all still turn to the television as the ultimate source of diversion. A staggering eighty percent of the survey claim to watch more than ten hours of non-movie television a week.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- Kellogg would like to warn you about a nationwide Eggo shortage.
It will take until the middle of 2010 before shelves around the country are stocked at pre-shutdown levels, Charles said. Already customers are noticing near-empty Eggo shelves on the freezer aisle at many grocery stores.
Monday: November 16, 2009
- New study shows that we've had more record highs than lows this decade.
You can thank climate change for the reason as to why you're wearing a t-shirt in the middle of November. Global warming? What global warming?
Tuesday: September 29, 2009
- Want to be a professional eater? Try eating thrity-three burritos in ten minutes.
Major League Eating's top-ranked eater is Joey Chestnut, and the 42-year-old Shoudt recently defeated the world champion at a chili spaghetti eating contest.
Tuesday: September 15, 2009
- Activision thinking of untethering Guitar Hero from the major consoles?
'I think what the untethered Guitar Hero does is it maybe equals the playing field a little bit more and gives you leverage with first parties on downloadable content and the business model,' says Kotick in the IGN piece.