Monday: August 1, 2011
- Have a peek at the future look of the Firefox user interface straight from Mozilla.
There are some design concepts you may easily recognize if you happen to already be a Google Chrome user. Also, there seems to be a couple dashes of Safari thrown in there as well for good measure (although anytime you add the Mac traffic lights on a mockup I come to that conclusion). For those interested the developer tools have a brand new look as well, could be quite useful.
Wednesday: December 9, 2009
- Google decides to release their Chrome browser for Mac and Linux.
Google has also pulled the curtain back on an extensions library (which is still in beta) but currently they only work for Windows and Linux versions of Chrome. I'll still give this browser a whirl on the Mac for giggles.
Wednesday: October 28, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to compile software from source code.
...thanks to the popularity of open-source software, where the source code is available for one and all to read and enjoy, the impetus has been put on the end-user to compile their own code if they want to use the software.
Thursday: September 10, 2009
- Seven amazing and luxurious South Africa Safari Lodges for you to gawk at.
A fun read for those daydreaming of exotic travel at work. Plus, the article has some amazing photography from said luxurious places. Rooms with an elephant view may cost extra.
Tuesday: September 8, 2009
- Makers of Luxo lamp decide to sue Disney and Pixar over mascot usage and name.
The Norwegian company that originally designed the iconic lamp is claiming copyright infringement. It probably doesn't help that Disney is packaging a version of said lamp to sell with the Blu-ray version of 'Up' and that they also have a six-foot animatronic version over at Disney World in Orlando.
Tuesday: August 25, 2009
- Limited edition of Pixar's UP to include your very own Luxo Jr. Lamp.
Three formats of the movie (DVD, Blu-ray, and digital) plus Luxo Jr. will set you back $140 bucks.
Monday: August 10, 2009
- Luxury resort offers up cheap rooms by eliminating beds, lights, and toilets.
Sounds quite luxurious if you ask me.
Wednesday: July 8, 2009
- Five things the new Google OS will do for your beloved netbook.
Some interesting things to consider for those curious about a netbook purchase.