Friday: July 18, 2014
- Airbnb's new brand identity seems to have a lot of people scratching their heads.
If you hadn't seen it already, Airbnb has a brand new look and feel along with a brand new logo called The Bélo. The new mark, which is supposed to convey belonging, has instead become an Internet parody due to it's multiple similarities to certain obvious human anatomy. Personally, I see the planchette from a Ouiji board. The rest of you need to get your mind out of the gutter.
Monday: July 18, 2011
- A handy list of poets ranked by... beard weight.
Typifying a once-popular, but nowadays seldom-encountered species of turn-of-the-century ephemera,Poets Ranked by Beard Weight has become a rarity much prized by bibliophiles, and one that still stands out as a particular curiosity among the many colorful curiosities of the period. Its author, one Upton Uxbridge Underwood (1881 – 1937), was a deipnosophist, clubman, and literary miscellanist with a special interest in tonsorial subjects.
Tuesday: April 6, 2010
- Eleven of the strangest how-to books you can currently find on Amazon.
Turns out there is a how-to book out there for any and all subject that you can probably think of and that includes caring for and raising your very own mythical creatures. My personal favorite from this list though is 'How to Avoid Huge Ships' - which apparently is a serious offering in terms of boat safety.
Monday: April 5, 2010
- A collection of weird road signs from all over the world for you to gawk at.
I never knew that Big Foot looked like a cross between Aquaman and a goat. Those rangers over at Pike National Park in Coloroda Springs must know something that we don't. Or do they? Conspiracy!
Thursday: March 11, 2010
- CNN lists out the top ten geek anthems of all time.
Slow news week eh, CNN? It's nice to see that they are tailoring articles that happen to be relevant to my specific interests. Coincidence or targeted advertising? All things considered (and to my surprise) this is actually a pretty well rounded selection of songs. Go ahead, get your geek on.
Thursday: February 4, 2010
- A collection of weird places in which some version of Tetris has been placed.
From graphic calculators to PIN terminals, it looks more and more like there really isn't a device that can't play Tetris. Also, that watch pictured in the thumbnail is quite stylish. Just look at that bling!
Tuesday: January 26, 2010
- Weird Al to direct his first feature film for Cartoon Network.
Not many details yet but congrats to Al on this new gig. Fun fact: two members of my immediate family can still recite the lyrics from 'Dare to be Stupid' from memory. Bonus fact: we are both over the age of thirty.
Friday: January 8, 2010
- A collection of the world's strangest movie theater snacks for you to gawk at.
Article covers a wide variety of assorted snacks that you may not have previously known about or even wanted to know about. Also, did you know that the Dutch have the highest per capita licorice consumption in the world?
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Facebook and Twitter responsible for most of the weird stories in 2009.
MSNBC covers a handful of said weird stories all the way from tweeting at the altar to the balloon boy hoax. I'm looking forward to telling to my kids how I found out that Michael Jackson passed via Facebook status updates.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- CNN would like to let you in on eight weird ways to save the Earth.
Covers everything from cloud whitening all the way up to (but not limited to) space-based frisbee deflectors. I guess they weren't kidding when they used the term 'weird' in the headline.
Friday: October 30, 2009
- Eleven of the best Simpsons 'Treehouse of Horror' stories.
What is this, some kind of tube? We are merely exchanging long protein strands. Don't blame me, I voted for Kodos. I could go on all day. END COMMUNICATION.
Thursday: October 15, 2009
- Some Kindle tricks and features that you not have previously known about.
Yes, it's quite possible to take screenshots and play games with your beloved Kindle. Who knew?
Thursday: October 1, 2009
- Eleven unbelievable glittering golden objects for you to gawk at.
I can't help reading the text of this article without using the Mike Meyers's Goldmember accent. 'I am from Holland. Isn't that vierd? Yesh! Would you like a shmoke und a pancake?'
Thursday: July 16, 2009
- PETA decides to weigh in on the whole Michael Jackson butter statue issue.
Seriously folks, how about we just forget about making the statue all together.
Tuesday: July 14, 2009
- Ten weird ways in which to distribute music.
Industry execs may fret about declining traditional sales, but some enterprising artists and labels have devised new ways to sell music that give fans something to collect, even in an age when the music itself can be infinitely duplicated for free.