Tuesday: January 8, 2013
- A neat tutorial on how to make your very own melted crayon art.
Going to have to try this out with my kids at some point in the near future. We have enough leftover crayons laying around the house to make several of these.
Thursday: April 8, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own paper battleship.
Go on impress your friends with your papercraft skills. Just as the article states, it may not look like much but your little paper battleship will indeed float and perhaps even be able to take on an entire armada of lesser paper battleships.
Tuesday: March 2, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own homemade Orangina-type beverage.
Your homemade beverage of choice doesn't neccesarily have to be of the orange variety. The tutorial also encourages experimentation with other fruit juices, if you're into that sort of thing.
Monday: March 1, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own Sudoku puzzles from scratch.
Do you enjoy Sudoku puzzles? If you've ever thought about making your own then this tutorial is right up your alley. Also, for those who find these puzzles time-consuming and annoying making your own should speed up the overall solve time.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to obtain free movie tickets.
There are some interesting methods listed here that you can use to try and score some free movie tickets. Some methods may take longer than others (ie becoming a film critic and/or getting a job at said movie theater). Good luck.
Monday: February 1, 2010
- A handy tutorial regarding how to make your very own rubber band bass.
Yes, it's true - a rubber band bass guitar will make yet another lovely addition to any office desk or cubicle. Also, making rubber band music with your co-workers is a great way to pass the time (play at your own risk).
Friday: January 29, 2010
- A handy tutorial regarding how to permanently erase data off of a hard drive.
Feeling a little insecure about your personal data on that old hard drive? Follow these steps to make sure none of that data can ever be recovered again even after you ditch the hard drive. You must destroy the platters!
Monday: January 25, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make a picture frame from some plastic straws.
Tired of paying those outrageous prices for picture frames? Wish there was something you could do about it? Well, this tutorial has your name written all over it. As an added bonus you could theoretically make a straw-picture-frame-drinking-straw. Be the envy of your friends today!
Monday: January 11, 2010
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own homemade cough drops.
If anyone figures out a recipe for making their homemade cough drops taste exactly like a Cherry Ludens please send it care of this website. Alternatively, you can also send Cherry Ludens care of this website (for those less inclined to experiment at home).
Monday: January 4, 2010
- A handy tutorial regarding how to think like a genius.
Yes, you too can be full of glory and renown but only if you follow this tutorial. So go ahead and change your modes and methods of thinking for everything you do. Report back here with your findings. Be sure to use the Bloom Taxonomy method or else no credit will be awarded.
Monday: December 21, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to make time go by faster.
Sorry, but there are no time travel methods listed in this particular tutorial. The tutorial does give some handy advice on how simulate the appearance of time going by faster - which may be just as handy for you.
Monday: December 14, 2009
- How to test coffee bean freshness using a plastic ziploc bag.
But if you can't roast your own beans, you might be wondering how long ago the beans you just bought were roasted by the store. This handy, quick, and inexpensive trick can assist you on testing your coffee bean freshness.
Thursday: December 10, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to begin glacier climbing for those of you so inclined.
This post is mostly just an excuse to point out that Wikihow has a brand new design and it looks awesome. But for the more adventurous, I'm sure glacier climbing is right up your alley.
Monday: December 7, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to fight those dreary winter blues.
One of the symptoms of winter blues is increased difficulty getting up in the morning, even if you've had plenty of sleep. Plugging a bright, florescent lamp into a timer and having it turn on before your alarm goes off will help simulate an artificial dawn.
Tuesday: November 24, 2009
- A handy tutorial on how to make your very own turducken this Thanksgiving.
Just what is this mythical 'turducken' you speak of? Turducken consists of a a turkey, which is then stuffed with a duck, and then finally stuffed with a chicken. Gobble gobble.