Tuesday: November 29, 2011
- Snag an enjoyable Mario Kart clone on the Xbox 360 for just $15.
I played the demo of this a while back and really enjoyed it. To me it was mario kart with real cars. I never did buy the full version though. Seeing at $15 has peaked my interest again.
Tuesday: May 11, 2010
- Microsoft would like you know that Natal will launch this October.
Get your imaginary baseballs and soccer balls (anything imaginary will do really) ready because Project Natal will be available for your beloved Xbox 360 this October. Microsoft hasn't nailed down an exact date that month but they think they'll have that ironed out by the time E3 rolls around.
Thursday: March 25, 2010
- Xbox Game Room online but having issues due to unforeseen overwhelming interest.
Due to overwhelming interest from the community, we understand some people have experienced issues accessing 'Game Room' and purchasing 'Game Room' titles,' Microsoft said. 'We're actively working to resolve the issue, and appreciate your patience.
Friday: March 19, 2010
- External USB storage support might be coming to your local Xbox 360.
...with rumors and images of a slimmed down motherboard floating around the Internet, we may soon see a version of the system without slots for memory units at all. Whatever happens in the future, USB storage has become cheap; this news may cause a newfound interest in the Xbox 360 Arcade hardware.
Thursday: March 18, 2010
- Leaked photo of updated Xbox motherboard hints at upcoming slim version of Xbox 360.
This move would make sense given that Sony already has a much slimmer version of the PS3 compared to the bulky original one that was first announced. And while I don't mind the current design of the Xbox 360, it certainly could stand to lose a few extra pounds.
Tuesday: March 9, 2010
- Daily Grind: Nerdy
Name: Vin (aka levelup+1)
How Vin feels today: Nerdy @ 2:55:41 PM
What Vin really wants today: Finish up remaining work tasks and attempt to get some time in playing a certain RPG video game that sounds vaguely similar to 'Shminal Shmantasy' at some point this evening. Insert traditional battle victory theme here.
Music Stuck in Head: Call it Love / God Street Wine
Continuing the celebration of the recently announced GSW reunion. You can have a listen to this rare jazzy track over on archive.org.
Stuff to do today:
- Purchase Final Fantasy XIII from semi-local NYC area Best Buy
- Semi-local = four subway stops from work location (meh)
- Ignore reviews complaining about PS3 versus Xbox 360 quality
- Finally post new photo to photoblog
Monday: March 8, 2010
- A review of Final Fantasy XIII via the folks over at Wired.
Long story short: some of the elements you've come to know and love in Final Fantasy are simply gone in favor of a much, much more linear story. That aside, I'll still be buying it when it comes out tomorrow. Chocobos!
Tuesday: February 9, 2010
- Netflix streaming to get a 1080p boost with an added helping of surround sound as well.
A limited number of titles will be available to view in 1080p format (just six percent according to source article) - but hey it's a start. This is good news for the resolution-obsessed-quality console gamer such as myself.
Monday: February 8, 2010
- Next Final Fantasy game might have DLC content after all?
Turns out that downloadable content might be available for the next installment of the beloved RPG franchise. Want more proof? It even says so right there on the back of the box.
Tuesday: January 19, 2010
- Microsoft looking to give cable companies some competition via Xbox 360.
Whitten said Microsoft wanted to be a bigger player in television and film viewing. He declined to comment on the conversations with Disney but said more than once that 'there's going to be a ton of experimentation around business models and rights.'
Thursday: January 7, 2010
- Microsoft to bring classic arcade environment of the eighties into your beloved living room.
According to a company press release, Game Room will be a “place to relive the glory days of arcade games,” complete with a pay-to-play option that charges 40 MS Points (50 cents) per play of one game.
- Project Natal to be available for your Xbox 360 next holiday season.
Controller-free gaming will be yours for the taking sometime before the year is out. There is still no word on how much this thing will cost but you can take comfort in knowing that it will work with all current Xbox 360 systems. Joy.
Tuesday: December 29, 2009
- Next Final Fantasy game to provide over sixty hours of fun-filled RPG gaming.
This information comes directly from the folks at Square Enix. Get ready to set aside a big block of time for this one (I'll be scheduling out a couple of weekends months in advance - my game play time is limited these days). Remember kids, this comes out state-side on March 9th.
Tuesday: December 22, 2009
- Brand new Microsoft patent encourages your avatar to exercise.
According to this new patent it looks like your Xbox 360 avatar will be able to closely resemble your real-life physical appearance. In some cases, you may be locked out of additional levels and other features until your avatar meets certain health demands.
Friday: November 20, 2009
- Fifteen year old decides to call 911 because parents took the Xbox away.
In addition, officers visited the boy at his residence and informed him that his parents can indeed take away his Xbox 360, and that he would do well to learn from their discipline.